Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are there any dog/cat breeds that ABC will not accept?
- ABC rescues all breeds without discrimination. Every life is worth rescuing.
I picked up a stray cat/dog that I cannot keep. What can I do?
- Check for ID tags and contact the phone number(s) if available.
- Take the animal to a vet office or PetSmart to scan for a microchip (free service).
- Post flyers of the animal around the neighborhood where (s)he was found.
- Take photos of the animal and post them under the found sections online at your local Craigslist page, and any other online resources you can find. Review the “lost” sections of these same sites for animals that may match your rescue.
- Contact your personal network of friends, family, and coworkers to see if anyone is able to foster or adopt the animal.
I lost my cat/dog. What should I do?
- Post flyers of your animal around the neighborhood where (s)he was lost.
- Take photos of your animal and post them under the lost sections online at your local Craigslist page, and any other online resources you can find. Review the “found” sections of these same sites – EVERY DAY – for potential matches.
- Contact Rabies Animal Care & Control, Humane, and as many local rescue groups as you can to see if they recently had an animal come in that matches your lost animal.
- If your animal was microchipped, confirm that the chip company has all of your correct, current information on file.