Upcoming Volunteer Orientations:
Saturday, September 16 // 10:00 am
Update: ABC will no longer be able to accommodate community service programs for students. While we’ve enjoyed enabling students to do their short term community service projects, going forward we need to focus on scheduling volunteers who are willing to work on a weekly basis throughout the year.
Become an ABC Volunteer
- Read through the Volunteer Guidelines
- Download and fill out the Volunteer Application
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation – bring your completed application & donation
- Look for the volunteer orientation sign when you arrive at the shelter
- Commit to a minimum of 2 hours a week
- Children ages 11 through 14 are encouraged to volunteer, however they must be accompanied by an adult guardian who has also completed the volunteer orientation
How can I help?
- Socialization and basic training
- Animal care – cleaning, feeding, scooping yards
- Foster care
- Assist with fundraising and attend adoption events
- Bulk mail preparation – spring/summer & holiday mailers
- Web design and marketing
- Building maintenance and repair – carpenters, plumbers, electricians, painters, contractors, roofers
- Landscape maintenance – yard clean up, mowing, tree trimming
- Pet transport
- Pet photography
Thank you for your interest in becoming an ABC volunteer!